Senior Service.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Sounds like good idea... I'll put it to the board for discussion :cool2: but it would be for Military vessels only :coffee:

:tup::

Maybe so, maybe consider ships/ boats TUFT, but not the entire Merchant Service between the wars. I would suggest the MN 1914-18 and 39-45 could be included in perspective of the sacrifice and close contact with the armed forces. The main concentration should be on Grey Funnel Lines and the web footed RAF (plus the international scene).

MB

Dont forget the ARSEFARTS,This comittee meeting is taking a long time,I think all the sugestions are good,but you have to join in folks.

I'd like a section on RAF Pinnaces between May 1931 and October 1932 only. After that time, the RAF bought any old Pinnace.......

As for the Army - floaty things - think "Brown Jobs".

Hoist the Gin Pennant!!

I'd like a section on RAF Pinnaces between May 1931 and October 1932 only. After that time, the RAF bought any old Pinnace.......

As for the Army - floaty things - think "Brown Jobs".

Hoist the Gin Pennant!!

Any particular builder:rofl:I think you need to be a bit more precise.

Dont forget the ARSEFARTS,This comittee meeting is taking a long time,I think all the sugestions are good,but you have to join in folks.

Oh GAWD;..........:sweat:You KNOW what happened last time ARSEFARTS were mentioned. :shake::shake:

Who is that bloke..........the Battersea Coastguard ? :-D

Seaman Staines,egham lock staines.Part time lock keeper and little hitler.:-D:-D:-D

Just down the road from me on my home reach too - does that mean I need to move :shake:

No.the agency has managed to frighten all its customers away,now its two up two down.i remember fabulous days locks full of people,all enjoying therselves,the lock keeper had respect,now sadly the ones that are left have been given 5yrs till the end,all locks to go electric and the public to do it there selves what a disaster.The rivers a sad place now and they wonder why they have no revinue.The yards are now sainsburys,Patrol boats gone.Maintenance and divers gone.what a shame.:cry:

Had a Teal 20 footer at Penton Hook, A long while ago. The lock keepers were a great bunch, especially if they knew you. At that time the biggest hire boat on the Thames was Maid of Britian. Thirty odd bunks. She came into one lock with a load of drunks in board who promptly spun the lines twice round the bollards, going down. The lock keeper tried to tell them and got a load of abuse. He looked at me, shrugged and signalled me into the lock. I waved him off, saying I'd wait, He then gave me the most evil grin went to the control box and opned the slucies.The noise was horrendous, cleats and lines in all directions.:cool2: